Monday, October 20, 2008

Another great fall weekend

Meghan and I celebrated the anniversary of our first meeting this weekend. We've been together most every moment of the past year and it has been the best.

Saturday was beautiful out and I woke up early to go for a chilly 4 mile run. We then had some of Meg's fav chocolate pancakes. I turned mine into a chocolate pancake sandwich with peanut butter and sauteed bananas on top. (The bananas weren't nearly as good as when my dad makes them.) We then donned our fall weather gear and picked out a couple pumpkins for carving. Is it right for a 30 year old male to be this excited for crafts?

The pumpkin patch / apple orchard was packed and folks (old ladies) were super pushy but we made it out alive. It was fun and the carmel apple pie we picked up was pretty good also.

The real treat was later that night standing in line for the "Renegade" at "Valley Scare" with Meg, keeping my eye's roving to make sure those kids don't shiv my girlfriend. Seriously when it's time for my kids to start going out without parental supervision (like when they go to college) they will not be going to Valley Fair with their friends.

Parents, you do not want to know what your kids are up to at these places. I'll give you a hint, "No Good". That's what they're up to. It was a great time though and once it was too chilly to fly 60mph through the night air on "Wild Thing" we headed home to warm up.

Fall is great,
Meg is the best,

3 comments:

KwT said...

Could I possible organize a paragraph? Blogging forces me to become all too aware of my shortcomings as a writer. Good thing this isn't paying the bills.

Anonymous said...

Possible?

Joe said...

How could I possible pass up this opportunity not comment on the superb wordplay on this blog.
Possible the most well written stuff on the internet.

Bravo on putting up with Meg's crap for a whole year.

Joe